NewSpec Pty Ltd was established in December 2004 as an Australian owned company and the exclusive Australasian distributor for the Newport Corporation. We specialise in the marketing, sales, importation, installation and service of scientific research equipment, primarily in the fields of lasers, optics, electron microscopes and surface metrology.
Based in Adelaide, with offices in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney, NewSpec continues to grow, offering an expanding range of Laser Systems, Electron Microscopes, Benchtop SEM, AFM's, Surface Profilers, and related optical equipment to the scientific research, aerospace & defence, microelectronics and life science markets throughout Australia and New Zealand.
NewSpec aims to:
- Be the market leader in the importation, sales, and service of high performance, high quality, Laser, Electron Microscopy, Surface Metrology and related products.
- Provide a safe, enjoyable, challenging and rewarding work environment for staff.
- Remain 100% owned by staff who are permanent employees, meaning all of our staff have the best possible incentive to provide our customers with exemplary service.
- Provide an effective, co-operative, experienced, reliable sales and marketing channel for overseas suppliers of LEO (Laser Electro Optics) and surface metrology products.
- Provide superior advice, products, value, solutions and service to our Australasian customers.
- Support and promote the Australasian research community through conference sponsorship, workshops and project collaborations.
NewSpec is the exclusive Australasian Distributor for Hitachi High-Technologies, Newport Corporation, Spectra-Physics Lasers, Sirah, New Focus, Oriel Instruments, ILX Lightwave, Richardson Gratings, Zygo Surfaces Metrology Business, Avantes, Oclaro, Biophotonic Solutions, Berkeley Nucleonics, Apogee Imaging Systems, NKT Photonics, Edgewave, XEI Scientific, Ultrafast Systems, Kentek and Univet.
In September of 2013 under a new agreement NewSpec and The Innovation Group joined forces to promote and support the Asylum Research range of Atomic Force Microscopes and the Zygo Corporation range of Optical Profilers.